It is my pleasure to present to you the Department of Education and Training Annual Report for 2014–15.
The report reflects the department’s legislative reporting requirements and has been prepared in accordance with section 63 of the Public Service Act 1999. Subsection 63(1) of that Act requires me to provide you with a report for you to present to the Parliament. It reflects the Requirements for Annual Reports as approved by the Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit.
The report includes the information required to be laid before each House of Parliament in accordance with section 127 of the Australian Education Act 2013 for the 2014 year.
The report includes the 2014–15 Annual Reports of the:
- Tuition Protection Service (TPS) Director, as required under section 170B of the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000;
- Student Identifiers Registrar, as required under section 51 of the Student Identifiers Act 2014; and
- Trade Support Loan Programme, as required under section 103 of the Trade Support Loans Act 2014.
Also included are the Auditor-General’s report and the department’s audited financial statements prepared in accordance with the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability (Financial Reporting) Rule 2015.
As required by section 10 of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014, I certify that I am satisfied that the department:
- prepared fraud risk assessments and fraud control plans
- had in place appropriate fraud prevention, detection, investigation, and reporting mechanisms
- took all reasonable measures to appropriately deal with fraud relating to the department.
9 October 2015